Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day3

I found a weird looking necklace on my way to school. It looked like a brown shrunken head with a long thread attached to the ears, for the sake of making it look like a necklace. Two hair-like strands pierced through what seemed like the head and below the head were two oddly shaped grayish things that can be imagined as hands holding the chin. To describe it simply, it looked like crap with a thread stuck on it. I kept it in my bag as a conversation piece and went directly to school.

During recess, I saw Miya seated on her seat, reading a pocketbook. I don’t know why my action didn’t feel awkward to me that time. But I approached her, weird necklace at hand and placed it between her and her pocketbook. Although I must say, her reaction that time was worth picking up the dumb thing for. She was very surprised when the necklace suddenly appeared in her sight.

She jumped a bit, her seat screeched loudly as it rubbed against the floor. “What the heck?” she angrily cried at me.

Both of us looked around to see if people are staring at us. Fortunately, only a few people looked at us and they only looked for a few seconds before looking away.

I laughed a bit and told her that I found it on the way to school.

After calming down, Miya closed her book and examined the necklace, turning it around as if searching for a button. “Ugly little rascal you got here… What is it?” she asked, her eyes still glued to the weird object.

“I think it’s a necklace,” I answered.

“Why did you bring it?” she asked. But before I could answer, the bell rang.

Miya shoved the necklace back at me and I went to my seat. Our conversation continued after classes, at the usual place.

In the rooftop, the moment I entered, Miya turned to me and asked me where the necklace is. I took it out of my bag and showed it to her.

“So, why did you take it?” she asked. “If I were you, I would have left it where I found it or throw it in the trash.”

Not wanting to admit that I just brought it along as a conversation piece, I wore the ugly thing and acted proud of it. “Eh? I thought it looked cool on me.”

I’m not sure if it was just my imagination. But Miya seemed to look at me as if I was a ghost for a moment before laughing, what seemed to me like a forced laugh.

“My eyes are blinded by your awesomeness!” she said with a joking tone.

After a few hours of jokes and laughter, Miya told me it’s time for her to go and asked me if I wanted to walk down with her. Of course, I agreed and walked down with her. Since our paths home from the school gate were different, when we arrived at the gate, I bade her goodbye.

“See you tomorrow, Rinei!” I said.

“Call me Miya!” She smiled. “That is… if I could call you Kyosei.” she continued, looking cuter than usual.

I was surprised with what she just said. “Sure!” I quickly answered.

She giggled a bit before waving and leaving. I then walked home, listening to the loud beating of my heart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment