Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day13

After the crying incident, Miya and I have been meeting on the school roof regularly. The way we act was similar to how we did before, but I know things are different between us. Miya never mentioned anything about Hitori, nor did it seem that she had any intentions to be closer to him. There were a few times when I would accidentally talk about Hitori in our discussions. Every time I did so, Miya would have a look of momentary surprise and become quiet. I can’t blame her for that.

Hitori returned my necklace three weeks ago, telling me how stupid everything about it was. When I asked him if he did use it on his crush, he answered no, mumbling something about it being something that’ll make him look like an idiot in front of his crush.

I haven’t worn the necklace in front of Miya ever since I got it back. For some reason, a part of me was afraid to. I didn’t believe it was magical or anything. I’m not sure what it was that made me hesitate. Today, just for the heck of it, I brought it along in my bag.

I wasn’t planning on wearing it today. But for some reason, Miya seemed too distant this afternoon. Thinking it would be something fun to talk about, I took the necklace from my bag and wore it around my neck.
“Hey, check it out!” I called.

Miya half-heartedly turned to me. The expression on her face slowly changed as she took eyed the necklace. “Waa, you got it back!” she cheerfully exclaimed as she approached me to look at it carefully.

I felt myself flush as she held the ugly growth attached to the thread and examined it. “As I thought,” she looked up to me, “I really like you more with this on.”

I was struck with surprise when she said that. Miya blushed and let go of the necklace. With a confused look, she staggered backwards, whispering something I failed to hear. She stopped and held her head with her right hand, as if she was having a headache.

I stood there, looking at her, shocked at what just happened. Several thoughts flashed in my mind.

Does that mean she still has feelings for me? What will happen then? Do we just get back together like that? Doesn’t she like Hitori now? What just happened? Is this real? What am I going to do now? What should I do? What should I say? Wait, it was the necklace right?

Suddenly shifting my thoughts to the necklace, I removed it and called Miya.

“Hey,” I said as I stepped towards her.

“Stop! Please… Just stop,” she pleaded, her hand covering her face now. “I-I have to go.”

With that, she took her bag, which was laid besides the door, and left. I stared at the necklace on my hand. Was it really the necklace that changed everything?

0 comments:

Post a Comment