Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day7

The weirdest thing happened this morning. While waiting for class to start, Hitori arrived and went straight to me. He babbled about this girl he had a crush on, saying he was willing to try anything to get her to notice him. And with that reason, he wanted to borrow my necklace.

I really wanted to just laugh at him for believing what I said. But I thought that doing that would just give him a reason to ask about Miya and me again. Thinking there’s no harm in it, I took the necklace from my bag and lent it to him. After grabbing it from me, Hitori wore it.

“Careful now,” I joked. “We don’t want every girl in the class to fall for you, do we?”

“We don’t?” he asked, half-jokingly, I think.

Miya then entered the room. She stared at us for a moment then waved, before proceeding to her seat. Our teacher came in afterwards and classes began.

At the end of classes, Hitori rushed out of the room, to go see his crush, I believe. I took my time to fix my things before going up to the rooftop again. When I arrived, Miya was already there, watching the descending sun.

“You’ll get blind like that,” I said, just to let my presence be known.

“Maybe it’s better that way,” she giggled, turning to me. “Then my heart will only judge people by what’s inside.”

I just shrugged in reply, not having anything to say to that.

We watched the scenery for a while after that. I don’t know what it is. But there’s something about her that makes the scenery beautiful. Maybe it’s like that when you’re with a person you like.

“By the way,” Miya interrupted. “You seem to have had quite a discussion with Hitori yesterday… Oh, and today, I’m guessing?”

Caught unprepared for the statement, I just looked at her blankly for a while. “Oh- that… Well, he was wondering how we suddenly got close and suspected that we’ve been secretly dating.”

“Mmm? And what did you say?” she asked. She then eyed my neck and added, “Hey, you’re not wearing your necklace,” she complained playfully.

“I just made up some story about magic bringing us together,” I laughed. “As for the necklace, Hitori borrowed it this morning.”

“Oh, yeah. I did see him wearing it this morning…” she said, turning back to the scenery. Resting her chin on her folded arms on the handrail, she added, “Magic, huh? That’s cute.”

I didn’t want to tell her what my story really was, since it would give her the idea that I was wearing the necklace for her. That would make things weird.

We just silently watched the sunset after that. I took a few glances her way, but she seemed deep in thought and I didn’t want to bother her. After the sun was gone, Miya told me she had to go. We walked down to the gate together before separating.

0 comments:

Post a Comment