Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day8

Lately, up on the school roof, Miya seemed less attentive to me. Although we still talk, it was as if her mind was far away. I tried asking her if there was something wrong, but every time I did, she just smiled at me and said that she was fine. I tried everything I could think of doing to change that. It felt like I was slowly losing her. Running out of options, I thought of the necklace, which was still with Hitori.

When he arrived at school this morning, I asked him for it, also curious at what happened when he used it. Unfortunately, he said he still didn’t use it on his crush. Wanting it back as soon as possible, I asked him why.

Hitori hung the necklace around his neck, “Why? Because it looks ridiculous!” he answered with an annoyed tone. “I don’t even know if I should believe that this ugly thing is magic. And if it’s not, then if she sees me wearing it, she will just find me weird.”

I glanced at Miya, who was watching our discussion from her seat, two chairs diagonally left in front of Hitori’s seat. She turned away when she noticed me looking at her. “So you don’t want to use it. Just give it back then,” I replied.

Hitori removed the necklace from his neck and kept it in his bag. “Just give me a few more days. I just need to prepare myself for whatever the outcome might be,” he whispered. “Why do you want it back so badly, anyway? You already have Rinei.”

I felt myself blush a bit before telling him to just hurry up.

This afternoon was like the last few afternoons. Miya still seemed like she was miles away. Even when I told her some of the best jokes I know, she just nodded and continued looking at the scenery. We spent the afternoon with hardly any eye contact. I miss the time when she was still more cheerful. I miss the girl I fell in love with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment