Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day6

Miya and I have started talking to one another and spending more time with each other even below the school roof. Most of us in our class eat inside the classroom. We would arrange our chairs to face our lunch mates and eat together. Hitori, my best friend, and I often eat together, except when we’re grouped for projects and we have to work on them during lunch. Miya used to eat with the girls, depending on who invited her to join them. She would just eat with them silently, but they enjoy having her eat with them nonetheless. Recently, Miya would sometimes just decide to join Hitori and me during lunch, taking her seat with the two of us. Honestly, it’s embarrassing whenever she did that as the others would just stare at us, wondering what’s up. This afternoon, after lunch, Hitori couldn’t keep his suspicions to himself any longer. A few minutes after rearranging the chairs, he just came to my seat, slammed my table and asked away.

“How the heck did it happen?” he asked in a low voice.

Of course, I was surprised. I didn’t get what he was referring to at that moment, and all I could respond with was, “Huh?”

“Why did you and Rinei suddenly spend so much time together, as if you’ve been so close for a long time?” he momentarily glanced at Miya, who was writing something on her notebook, before proceeding. “Ah, you two secretly dated, didn’t you?”

The idea of him spying on us on the roof didn’t seem like a good idea and I really didn’t have any other answer in mind. My mind raced. Knowing that my answer would be suspicious if I took a lot of time to reply, I just blurted out “Necklace.”

I suddenly thought of the necklace. I’m still wondering why it came to mind. But I just went with what I’ve started. “I found a necklace one morning,” I said as I searched my bag for it. Finding it and bringing it out to show him, I continued, “Just for fun, I wore it. I noticed then that a girl was staring at me but quickly looked away when I saw her. I-” Before I could say anymore, the bell rang.

Hitori sighed and walked back to his seat. I thought he realized I was wasting his time with that fairytale. But I was proven wrong when he came back after classes to finish my story. I saw Miya looking at me, gesturing something. I assumed she was asking if I was planning to go up, in which I shook my head to let her know that I won’t. She nodded before leaving.

“So, what happened?” Hitori asked.

I wanted so much to hit his head and just tell him I was making the story up, but I decided to just continue. “At first, I thought the necklace looked good on me. But after noticing other girls look my way, as if they wanted to approach me, I realized that the necklace was magic.”

“Wha? Magic?” Hitori scoffed.

It amused me that it took so long for him to realize I was kidding. But I continued anyway. “Yes,” I whispered, fixing my stuff. I looked around, as if checking if anyone else is listening before I continued. “It somehow allows me to attract any girl I want,” I whispered.

“Oh yeah? Prove it!” Hitori said as I stood up and carried my bag.

“I don’t want to be swarmed with females,” I answered.

“Okay, then why choose Rinei? There are more attractive girls to use it on!”

“She just happened to be the one to saw me wearing it.”

As we walked out of the room, I noticed him looking at me with suspicion. I sighed, “Look, I know you don’t believe me. But that’s the truth. If you think I’m wasting your time, then forget it.”

We silently left the school grounds. I heard him grunt a bit before we separated. Hopefully, he realized I have no intention of telling him the truth, or, better yet, believed everything. That would be fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment